Make sure that each move is inputted correctly before you select the next one. There is a slight delay before you can actually submit any answers. You will know when you can click on a button because it will slightly pop out. If you have the sound on, you will also hear a small "bong" when you have successfully selected a move.
How the Event Works
The NPC will perform first. You are then given a limited amount of time to enter the correct options. An easy way to do this is to type down the movements that the NPC does (ex. cheer hop speed) or you can type down the numbers that correspond with the movements (ex. 1 3 4). Your job is to copy their movements by clicking on the correct buttons! There are 20 rounds, and you are allowed up to three mistakes before you are booted. How quickly you input your answers will affect how many points you receive for each round.
Below is the number of dances, then the amount of time you have to input the correct answer. I will update with when the buttons will change position as soon as possible.
- 01. 2 moves - 3 seconds to input
02. 2 - 3
03. 3 - 3
04. 3 - 3
05. 3 - 3
06. 4 - 5
07. 4 - 5
08. 5 - 7
09. 5 - 7 (button positions change)
10. 5 - 7
11. 5 - 7
12. 5 - 7
13. 5 - 7
14. 6 - 7
15. 6 - 7 (button positions change)
16. 5 - 9 (Movements start to speed up here and progressively get faster).
17. 6 - 9
18. 8 - 9
19. 9 - 9
20. 10 - 9
Alternatively, if you are able to keep track, you can use the numbers keypad to input your answers.
| Kick | Temp | Beast | Crouch |
| Fire | Speed | Hop | Cheer |
Since I don't have a way of recording the dances, I will just describe them! If you have a better, more eloquent way of describing them, feel free to write it below. I have included screenshots of some of the Dances because the animations around the characters will always be the same. The actions like kick, crouch, and hop however have not been included because they will look different for each race.
- Kick - Looks like your character's kick when they are holding no weapon (if the NPC is the same race).
- Dance of Temp(tation) - Begins with a clap. Then pink flowers and white bubbles will fly out of your character as they use the Love emote. Screenshot here.
- Dance of Beast - Looks like the Beastial Boogie animation (red beasts will pop up around your emoticon). Screenshot here.
- Crouch - The default squat of each race.
- Fire - Can be easily confused with Speed. Green "fire" (more like streamers? Eh.) will come from your character. For some races, it will begin like Hop, only have the green animation around the character.
- Speed - Can be confused with Fire. Rainbow colors, ends with a clap. Screenshot here.
- Hop - Looks like the movement that is done when the character is getting off to land / fly on their weapon.
- Cheer - The default cheer of each race.
The best part about this event is that it gives you a nifty DEF/M.DEF title! +63DEF, +49M.DEF. Very helpful, especially at low levels. In order to get the title, you must successfully get to round 20 without getting kicked out. The easiest way to do this is to get to round 18 without any mistakes. That way, if you mess up on 19 and 20 (which are very fast), you'll still pass the event. Dance with NPC also gives you a decent amount of scrolls depending on how many points you get. If you can get to 16 without messing up, you can get four scrolls! If you mess up at least twice before 16, then you only get three scrolls because this will affect the amount of points you get. However, this still makes Dance with NPC one of the best events to get daily event scrolls from.
Best of luck with this event! Hope this guide is of some use!