Domo language editing

Talk about anything related to DoMO, this forum, or anything in general here. Relevant Announcements will also be posted here.
Cetinash

Domo language editing

Post by Cetinash »

Do any of you know how to open .dbf files ? For full domo file translation you need to translate them too (u can find it in Domo/main/data
Leirosa
Site Admin

Re: Domo language editing

Post by Leirosa »

Unfortunately, I don't know how to do this. These are not normal dbf files (they are a custom format) and dbf file viewers/editors will not be able to handle these. Unless you know assembly or something to manually reverse engineer the domo files (and then put them back together after) you are probably not going to be able to edit them.

Supposedly to even view them you need to use a memory viewer while the game is open, but how to do this or even what program to use are all way beyond me; and this is complicated further by the fact that the programs I tried don't seem to handle big5 encoding well (big5 is the traditional chinese encoding format these files are probably in).
Cetinash

Post by Cetinash »

I searched for 2 days , and i will still search , maybe i can find something . I really wanna do a custom language pack (full english , 0% chinese if possible) .
I also wanna start a petition with my guildies from domo tw (Anarchy Warriors) . In the petition i will ask for a way to choose between english/chinese . We are a lot of english ppl on domo tw , i think we can get enough ppl to "sign" it , and maybe they will do what we ask :D
Leirosa
Site Admin

Post by Leirosa »

As for the script file (0000.c01), it's in a weird variant of lua called LuaP, which none of the Lua extractors seem to work on.

Apparently somebody on netshow forums extracted the Clouds of Han script file (which seems to use the same format as DoMO) a few years ago, and made a tool to recompile it, but they didn't release an extraction tool (from the post they said it took them 6 days and nights to manually decompile it so that might be why). They released all the extracted files for that game with the recompile tool, but the files are not plain text and instead text within lua code, scattered across 59 different files. I tried fiddling around with the stuff and had no luck, but that's the info I have incase it's useful to somebody.