Crescendolls' Guide to Picking a First Class / Sub Class

Backups of original guides from DoMO forums of the past. The majority of these were backed up from posts on TWDomo.com before its domain expired (most of which were originally retrieved from Aeria by Angitia and Aaron). Extremely old.
Leirosa
Site Admin

Crescendolls' Guide to Picking a First Class / Sub Class

Post by Leirosa »

Taken from here. Retrieved by Angitia.
Author: Crescendolls
Crescendolls wrote:1.0Image

This guide has been moved from the old teaser version post due to the lack of room.

A new Excel preview version of this guide is available! Click here if you would like to preview it, and test it.

If you want to post this somewhere else, please give me, and the beta testers credit. We've worked countless hours to make sure that this guide is like nothing half of you have ever seen :p . Please ask me before posting this elsewhere as well.

Table of Contents:
  • 1.0, Part 1, Picking a First Class / Sub Class
    - 1.1, How to Use This Guide
    - 1.2, Class | Recommended Codes
    - 1.3, Things to Keep in Mind Before I Pick a Sub Class
    - 1.4, Brief Class Descriptions (under construction)
    - 1.5, Class Graphs
    - 1.6, FAQ
    - 1.7, Updates/Coming Soon
    - 1.8, Special Thanks
    2.0, Part 2, Picking an Armor Equip
    - 2.1, How to use This Guide
    - 2.2, Armor | Recommended Codes
    - 2.3, Armor Graphs
    - 2.4, Armor Combinations That Reduce Penalties / Super Enhance Stats:
    - 2.5, Part 2 FAQ
    3.0, Part 3, Picking a Pet
    - 3.1, How to use This Guide
    - 3.2, Pets | Recommended Codes
    - 3.3, Brief Pet Descriptions(includes graphs)
    - 3.4, Part 3 FAQ
    4.0, Part 4, Picking a Stat Build(beta)
    - 4.1, How to use This Guide
    - 4.2, Advanced Version (Coming soon)
    - 4.3, Simplified Version (Beta)
    - 4.4, Part 4 FAQ (Coming soon)
1.1 How to use This Guide:

Begin by answering question 1. Each possible answer for each question has a number beside it, write this number down for the answer that best fits you. Move on to question two. Write the number of the best fitting answer next to the answer for question 1. Repeat until you've answered all of the questions. Now that you have your code, press Ctrl F and enter your code into the text field. Now, if any results are found, your code will be displayed next to the class that best fits your needs! Remember to search multiple times incase there are more instances of the code, as some searches can give two or more possible options. It is recommended that you use a browser that highlights all instances of your search to avoid this problem. On question 4, I recommend that you say no, and if no results are found, say yes. That question just makes sure that you know the class you picked will cost money. After you have found the job you want, a code next to the class is shown. Enter this code for further details, and links, to help you learn more about the class.

1] I want a job to:
1) Be my first job
2) Sub on my main job (many of the codes below assume you will be getting the weapon equip. Please double check skills before getting a sub job.)

2] I like to:
1) Pretend I'm a superhuman and throw fireballs at people, or shoot arrows and be stealthy (long range damage)
2) Slice n Dice (close range damage)
3) AoE (Multiple target attack) for when I party

3] I perfer to be:
1) Offensive (deal damage)
2) Defensive (mob monsters and hope your party can heal you fast enough)
3) Support Type (support the party/pet to deal damage, recover hp/mp, etc)

4] Am I willing to supply funds to buy scrolls, arrows, etc?
1) Yes
-) No

5] Do I want to Solo or party?:
1) Solo
2) Party
3) Both

1.2 Class | Recommended codes

Blademaster/Swordsman (BM01) 121-1 / 121-1 / 121-3 / 121-3 / 221-1 / 221-3
Commoner/Citizen (COM01) 141-1, 143-1, 241-2, 241-3, 241-1, 243-1, 243-2, 243-3
Dancer (DNC01) 111-1 / 112-1 / 112-3 / 131-2 / 131-3 / 132-1 (caution: Solo AoE build) / 131-2 / 131-3 / 131-1 (caution: Solo AoE build) / 133-2 / 133-3 / 133-1 (caution: Solo AoE build) / 231-2 / 233-2 / 231-3 (caution: Solo AoE build)
Doctor (DOC01) 11311 / 11312 / 11313 / 12311 / 12312 / 12313 / 213-1 / 223-1 / 213-2 / 223-2 / 213-3 / 223-3 / 21311 / 22311 / 21312 / 22312 / 21313 / 22313
Fencer (FNC01) 121-1 / 121-3 / 131-2 / 131-3 / 221-1 / 231-2 / 231-3
Hunter (HNT01) 11111 / 11112/ 11113 / 21111 / 21112/ 21113 / 23112 / 23113
Martial Artist (MA01) 121-1 / 121-3 / 231-2 / 231-3 / 221-1 / 221-3
Mercenary (MER01) 122-1 (caution: possible Solo AoE build) / 131-1 (caution: Solo AoE build) / 121-1 / 132-2 / 132-3 / 223-2 / 223-3 / 133-2 / 133-3 / 212-3
Merchant (MHT01) 11111 / 12111 / 13113 / 11313 / 11312 / 11311 / 12311 / 12312 / 12313 / 13313 / 13312 / 231-2 / 231-3 / 221-1 / 223-2 / 223-3 / 223-1 / 211-1 / 213-2 / 213-1 / 213-3 / 211-3
Musician (MS01) 113-2 / 113-1 / 113-3 / 133-2 / 133-3 / 131-1 (caution: Solo AoE build) / 133-1 (caution: Solo AoE build) / 213-2 / 213-3 / 233-2 / 233-3 / 213-1 (pet subs) / 223-1 (pet subs) /
Shaman (SHM01) 111-1 / 111-3 / 131-2 / 131-3 / 211-1 / 211-3 / 231-2 / 231-3
Thief (THF01) 121-1 / 121-2 / 121-3 / 131-2 / 131-3 / 131-1 / 221-1 / 221-3 / 231-2 / 231-3
Witch Doctor (WID01) 12111 / 121-1 / 21111 / 21112 / 21113 / 22111 / 221-1 / 23112 / 23113 / 23312 / 23313
Wizard (WIZ01) 11111 / 11112 / 11113 / 13111 / 13112 / 13113 / 21111 / 21112 / 21113 / 23111 / 23112 / 23113

Note: Commoner/Citizen is not quite a useful sub in parties, unless you are going to create armor for team members. Commoner also is best as a first class if and only if you have a decent sub set. Pet Sounds from musician is a popular choice, but you'll need a pet (>.>, duh) . There are currently no Commoner Guides for subs, I'll change that later :p .

Now that I've got my code, I may be asking myself, is this the best sub for me? Remember that by searching the code, there could be multiple classes popping up that are valid sub job options. Some of these may be better than others. I may want to consider how many skills I will be able to obtain, and know my limits. If I'm a Blademaster, I wont be able to sub all the Wizard AoEs, I'll run out of MP before I'm even done casting the first round of AoEs.

1.3 Things to Keep in Mind Before I Pick a Sub Class:
  • 1. How much MP I will be able to set aside for these skills
    2. If I have enough skill points to get the equip weapon
    3. Which skills need equip weapon
    4. If there are better options out there
1.4 Brief Class Descriptions:

This section is for entering the Class Codes (found next to each class on the Class | Recommended Codes table), and finding basic information about each class.

BM01 | Blademasters are mainly soloers, and are great for those that enjoy tinkering with subs, and being able to cast insane amounts of damage.
  • Armor: Light Armor (LA)
    Weapon: Saber
    Damage: Physical
    Strength: Damage, debuffs, self buffs
    Weakness: Low range, hard to find parties
COM01 | Commoner is the job everyone starts off as. Commoners can be exceptional in any field, due to having three equip slots, and three slots for attacks, buffs, etc from other jobs. Commoners are great, but proper subs are needed to take full advantage of this class.
  • Armor: Clothing
    Weapon: Baton
    Damage: (depends on skills)
    Strength: Alchemy, 3 slots for equips, 3 slots for skills, 3 slots for counter attacks (not released yet), very balanced stats
    Weakness: Not good for beginners, relies on subs to pretty much do anything
DNC01 | Dancers are great for those people who like to AoE. A Dancer is in a way the opposite of a Musician, by debuffing the opponents instead of buffing the party. Dancers are also able to Solo AoE, which is very difficult if you have a slow computer, bad connection speed, or are new to the game. Dancer also has a wide variety of magic and physical based single target attacks, and hp/mp leech skills.
  • Armor: Dancer Outits
    Weapon: Fan
    Damage: Physical and Magic
    Strength: Can Solo AoE, high magic defence
    Weakness: MP usage quite high
DOC01 | Doctors are needed in AoE parties. Doctors heal party members, but can also travel a less taken route, which involves Soloing, or PvPing.
  • Armor: Robes
    Weapon: Syringe
    Strength: Healing, revive, good MP recovery skill
    Weakness: MP usage quite high, few attacks, no AoEs
FNC01 | Fencers are the elemental powerhouses. Able to deal around or over 3,000 damage by level 45, Fencers are great for parties. Fencers also have great single target skills designed to skill lock opponents in PvP.
  • Armor: Light Armor (LA)
    Weapon: Sword
    Strength: Strong AoEs, Strong 1:1 skills and debuffs
    Weakness: Bad MP usage, no MP recovery skill
HNT01 | Hunters are great for those who enjoy casual gaming. Hunters usually don't party, but recently due to the Hunter nerf, solo Hunters have had trouble soloing. New builds for hunter to counteract this nerf include Attack Speed builds (existed before but are now more popular).
    Weapon: Bow
    Strength: Long Range Damage, Great buffs
    Weakness: Hunter Nerf
MA01 | Martial Artist is a physical attack class that specializes in pvp and soloing. Due to it's primary stat being physique, the Martial Artist is able to endure much physical damage, having high hp, hp recovery, and block rate. In many cases it can act as a suitable tank when a Mercenary is unattainable. Although it has an early AOE, the place of the Martial Artist within a team is typically puller, as the majority of its attacks are single target and consume large amounts of mp. The Martial Artist class is composed of two weapon choices, Staff and Boxing Gloves. Neither glove nor staff is superior over the other but instead meets slightly different needs. The gloves offer great power at lower levels and are ideal for soloing. The Staff offers debuffs which are useful in pvp but its stronger attacks consume greater mp. The Boxing Glove's Far Flung Fist and the Staff's Swizzle Stick are known to be to of the strongest physical attacks in the game. The Martial Artist also has skills that raise defense and increase mp, replacing the need for Doctor's Prolong Life and Frog Forcefield.
    Weapon: Gloves or Staff
    Strength: Range Damage, Very high damage, Great HP
    Weakness: Not so great MP, few AoEs, A puller in parties usually
MER01 | Mercenaries are the tanks in AoE parties. They have formations, which overlap with just about every buff. Mercenaries also can have quite high damage output, and have amazing defence.
  • Armor: Heavy Armor
    Weapon: Spear or Axe
    Strength: Formations, Mock, Defence, Easy to find a Party (especially after level 30), Can equip skills from multiple jobs without the Weapon Equip
    Weakness: Low MP, Expensive in terms of armor
MHT01 | Merchants are in a way the "leftovers". They have a little bit of everything, and a few things no other classes have. Merchants are not for beginners, since they use excessive amounts of money to cast skills.
    Weapon: Abacus
    Strength: Medium Range, Highest possible damage by any class (extremely rare and by luck), Item production
    Weakness: Expensive, Not for beginners, overall weak
MS01 |Musicians are great for everyone. Pet Musicians enjoy soloing or Pet Parties, while Party Musicians enjoy (ok maybe not enjoy, it does get boring) buffing party members.
  • Armor: Dancer Outfits
    Weapon: Instrument
    Damage: Physical and Magical(?)
    Strength: Long Range Attack, Games Strongest AoE, Transfusion, Great Buffs
    Weakness: Overall low stats
SMN01 | Shamans go hand in hand with Wizards. It is recommended subbing Wizard if you want to train Shaman. Shamans mainly have strong 1:1 skills, though at higher levels, Shamans get AoEs.
    Weapon: Wand
    Damage: Magical
    Strength: Long Range Damage, MP recovery skill, AoEs, Can equip Wizard skills without the Weapon Equip
    Weakness: Low defence, hard to party before level 29ish
THF01 | Thieves are great for beginners simply because its nearly impossible to mess up a Thief build. This doesn't mean you shouldn't look up guides, but if you go full wisdom, you'll still have time to chekc your build, and still get some use out of this wisdom.
    Weapon: Dagger
    Strength: Pilfer(steal items), Strong Attacks, Great PvP Skills, Great for Beginners, MP recovery skill
    Weakness: Debates still going on over what skills do what, and how they work, low MP[
    Links: Light Hammer Throw Analysis
WIZ01 | Wizards go hand in hand with Shamans. Unlike Shamans, Wizards get AoEs at early levels. However, Wizards needed Scrolls to cast skills.
    Weapon: Wand
    Damage: Magical
    Strength: Amazing AoEs, Good MP, Can equip Shaman skills without the Weapon Equip Skill
    Weakness: Bad MP usage, skills have long cast times, low Defence
WID01 | Witch Doctor's can be either physical or magic based. Besides this, they also have several poisoning skills and damaging skills, as well as buffs, debuffs, team buffs, pretty much a little of everything. With this in mind, Witch Doctor can easily benefit anyone.
  • Armor: Robes or Clothing
    Weapon: Wand or Daggers
    Damage: Magical or Physical
    Strength: Can easily contribute to any build, versatility, high MP base.
    Weakness: Bad Evasion and sub par HP. Lacks skill points for most builds.
1.5 Class Graphs!

Use these little bar graph things for additional help. Note, 10 = perfect, 5 = average, 1 = poor. These are not highly accurate, just to give you an idea of each class's strengths and weaknesses.

Code: Select all

Sample Class (Total Points)
Buffs ....... self buffs
AoEs ........ multi target attacks
1:1 attacks . single target attacks
Support ..... heals/party/pet support buffs
Debuffs ..... includes any skill that lowers opponents stats
MP usage .... 10 = low usage, 1 = high usage
Items used: if any items are consumed

Blademaster (30)
Buffs ....... ||||||||(8)
AoEs ........ ||(2)
1:1 attacks . ||||||||(8)
Support ..... |(1)
Debuffs ..... |||||(5)
MP usage .... ||||||(6)
Items used: none

Dancer (30)
Buffs ....... |||||||(7)
AoEs ........ ||||||(6)
1:1 attacks . |||||(5)
Support ..... ||(2)
Debuffs ..... |||||||(7)
MP usage .... |||(3)

Doctor (27)
Buffs ....... |||||||(7)
AoEs ........ |(1)
1:1 attacks . ||||(4)
Support ..... ||||||||||(10)
Debuffs ..... |||(3)
MP usage .... ||(2)
Items used: frogs

Fencer (30)
Buffs ....... ||||(4)
AoEs ........ |||||||||(9)
1:1 attacks . |||||||(7)
Support ..... |||(3)
Debuffs ..... ||||(4)
MP usage .... |||(3)

Hunter (30)
Buffs ....... |||||||||(9)
AoEs ........ |||(3)
1:1 attacks . |||||||(8)
Support ..... |(1)
Debuffs ..... |||(3)
MP usage .... ||||||(6)
Items used: arrows

Martial Artist (30)
Buffs ....... |||||(5)
AoEs ........ ||||(4)
1:1 attacks . |||||||||(9)
Support ..... |(1)
Debuffs ..... |||||(5)
MP usage .... ||||||(6)

Mercenary (30)
Buffs ....... |||(3)
AoEs ........ |||||(5)
1:1 attacks . ||||||(6)
Support ..... |||||||(7)
Debuffs ..... |||(3)
MP usage .... ||||||(6)

Merchant (27)
Buffs ....... ||||||(6)
AoEs ........ |||(3)
Support ..... ||||(4)
Debuffs ..... |(1)
MP usage .... |||||||(7)
Items used: gold, items, IOUs

Musician (26)
Buffs ....... |||(3)
AoEs ........ |||||(5)
1:1 attacks . |||(3)
Support ..... ||||||||||(10)
Debuffs ..... |(1)
MP usage .... ||||(4)

Shaman (25)
Buffs ....... ||||(4)
AoEs ........ ||||||||(8)
1:1 attacks . |||||||||(9)
Support ..... |(1)
Debuffs ..... |||||(5)
MP usage .... |||(2)

Thief (30)
Buffs ....... |||||||||(9)
AoEs ........ |||||(5)
Support ..... |(1)
Debuffs ..... ||||(4)
MP usage .... |||||(5)

Wizard (29)
Buffs ....... ||||||(6)
AoEs ........ ||||||||||(10)
Support ..... ||(2)
Debuffs ..... ||||(4)
MP usage .... |(1)
Items used: scrolls

Witch Doctor (31)
Buffs ....... ||||||(6)
AoEs ........ |||(3)
Support ..... |||||(5)
Debuffs ..... ||||||||(8)
MP usage .... |||(4)
Items used: voodoo poison bugs, poisons
Note: For the above classes, all bars are estimations. Use this guide only to find out what each class is strong at, and what it is a weak at. You may also use it as a guideline to make sure you don't overkill yourself on MP consumption.

Great! Now that I've thought about the possible ill side effects of this class, I can now safely start training this sub class! Thanks Crescendolls for making this great guide!

1.6 FAQ

What does "(caution: Solo AoE build)" mean?
Based on the answers you provided for the questions, it is possible that you want to attempt to Solo AoE (tanking multiple opponents while not in a party).

Whats wrong with question 4?
Question 4 just checks if you have enough funds to supply items that are consumed by a job. If you want a job that does consume items, then say yes. If you don't want to consume items, then say no.

My search just returned 8 possible sub classes! What do I do?
Read "Things to Keep in Mind Before I Pick a Sub Class:". This should narrow down your options to a more reasonable amount.

What does "sub" mean?
"Sub" pretty much means below, as in Subway (below the ground), or Subway (low in fat :o ), or subsonic (below the speed of sound). This means a sub class is below your main class in a way. The opposite of sub is super, so you can call your main job your super class, but nobody does that >.> .

Where can I find information about skills and such for each class?
Multiple things you can do here. First, search around in the Class forums and learn about the skills and such for each job. There are guides (usually sticky at the top) for you to snag information. Secondly, you may want to use this nifty little skill planner by RubiX, or this newer one by Onishi

Cool I'm in the special thanks section! Do I win anything?
By being in the special thanks section, you may be able to preview versions up to two weeks before they are released (to make sure it works and such), you may also get a profile icon based on which areas you are listed under in the special thanks section. Note that Spell Checkers will not be able to preview versions before uploads.

I want to be a Beta Tester :( , how do you recruit?
Recruiting for beta testing is limited to invites only. I will not take bribes, or anything of the sort.

Can I comment on your spelling errors?
Yes, but don't be too mean. If you do find a spelling error, send them to me through the Aeria Games website to my profile (Crescendolls) via private message(s). You will also be added to the spell checkers list!

I found a code that has no results, but I know it should work for at least one job, can I send it to you?
By all means please! Send missing codes that could or should work to Crescendolls via the Aeria Games website private message system. By providing two codes, you will be added to the Special Thanks section, and may eventually be invited to be a beta tester.

When are we getting Witch Doctor?
... Nobody really knows.

I'm lazy, can you pick my sub classes for me?
No, thats why I made this guide, to help people pick sub classes more easily.

I'm a member of the CGP(FC/SC), what does this mean, and what do I get?
The CGP(FC/SC) stands for "Crescendolls Guide to Picking a First Class / Sub Class". You are added to this only if you are listed under all three special thanks sections (Code Donor, Spell Checker, Beta Tester). By being a member of the CGP(FC/SC), you get a cooler icon than if you were just listed under one section.

Sheesh Cres, Aren't you overdoing it with the whole FAQ and Beta Testing thing?
Most Likely, but I didn't have internet while writing most of this so, what else do I have to do but write in notepad and make stuff overly complex?

1.7 Updates/Coming Soon!:
(FC/SC) = Part 1, Picking a First Class/Sub Class, (AE) = Part 2, picking an armor equip, (PA) = Part 3, picking a pet amigo

-- Past --
July 21, 2008 | (FC/SC) Added all class codes and questions, V1.0
Aug 1, 2008? | (FC/SC) V1.0 is uploaded for small scale Beta Testing
Aug 2, 2008? | (FC/SC) Martial Artist is added to the guide (not a version update)
Aug 8, 2008 | (FC/SC) Added FAQ, and Things to Keep in Mind Before I Pick a Sub Class, V1.1
Aug 9, 2008 | (all) Created profile icons for Honor Members, beta testers, code donors, and spell checkers! Mind my bad graphics design skills >.<
Aug 11, 2008 | (AE) Created Questions and codes main section, added armor statistics, added combination armor statistics, V1.0
Aug 13, 2008 | (AE) Added FAQ, V1.1
Aug 14, 2008 | (FC/SC) Added Class Graphs! V1.2
Aug 17, 2008 | (all) Both guides uploaded for small scale Beta Testing
Aug 17, 2008 | (FC/SC) Uploaded to DoMO Aeria Games forums as "Teaser Version" (not a version update)
Aug 18, 2008 | (FC/SC) Added commoner (not a version update)
Aug 20, 2008 | (FC/SC) Added Debuffs to class graphs, V1.3
Aug 23, 2008 | (FC/SC) Redesigned Class Graphs. Entire guide uploaded to DoMO Forums, V2.0
Aug 27, 2008 | (FC/SC) Added Brief Class Descriptions (under construction)
Aug 28, 2008 | (P) Added questions and Brief Pet Descriptions V1.0
Aug 30, 2008 | (AE) Uploaded to DoMO Aeria Games forums as V2.0
Sep 02, 2008 | (P) Finished Bried Pet Decriptions, added FAQ V1.1
Sep 02, 2008 | (AE) Uploaded armor combinations chart
Sep 27, 2008 | (P) Cleaned up Brief Pet Descriptions and posted in the CGP(FC/SC) post V2.0
Oct 03, 2008 | (SB) Began basic construction and added Commoner, Blademaster, and Dancer to the Simplified Version. Advanced Version questions created but not released V1.0
Oct 07 | (SB) Added Doctor, Fencer, Hunter, MA, and Musician to Simplified Version V1.1
Nov 09 | (SB) Added Remaining Classes to Simplified Version V1.2
Jul 09, 2009 | (FC/SC) Added Witch Doctor

-- Future --
A full Excel version of this guide is under construction.

1.8 Special Thanks to:

CGP(FC/SC) Honor Members (be listed in all the below areas):

Beta Testers (invite only, though those that excel in the other two areas may be invited):
Sakeyaki R2
Sorano R1
SnowCrash R1

Spell Checkers (provide at least 1 error to be added to this list):

Code Donor (provide at least 2 valid codes to be added, or change to the class graphs):
Sakeyaki CD2 (FC/SC - Martial Artist, Commoner classes added)
SnowCrash CD1 (FC/SC - Martial Artist class description)
Sorano CD1 (FC/SC - Debuffs for class graphs)
hicutey123 CD1 (FC/SC - 212-3)

Other:

PersianGato for the Ctrl + F idea from the Armor Screenshot Thread
JDoMO for having picture perfect loading screens x.x (used in banner)
You for visiting this guide :p
Crescendolls wrote:2.0 Crescendolls Guide to Picking a First Class / Sub Class - Picking an Armor Equip!

This is part two of the CGP Guides, the first part being CGP(FC/SC) (Crescendolls Guide to Picking a First Class / Sub Class). I recommend checking that out before this one if you are a new player. Veteran players may find that guide useful as well for picking new sub jobs! Unless you're a pro or something. Or understand Japanese. If you know Japanese you can just go to the JDoMO forums and learn everything >.> .

2.1 How to use This Guide:

Begin by reading question 1. Pick the answer that best fits you, and locate the number to the left of that answer. Write this number down. Move on to question two, and place the answer number next to the answer number for question 1. Repeat until you have answered all the questions. Now press Ctrl F and enter your code. Your search should find at least one result, possibly more.

Note: You must have the class that has the equip armor skill for the armor set you want level 30 or higher.

Blademaster = Light Armor
Mercenary = Heavy Armor
Thief = Clothing
Wizard = Robes
Dancer = Dancer Outfits

1] I need an equip for...
1) Higher overall damage
2) Defensive power (note: some results may display armor that increases magic defence)
3) Evasive power

2] I mainly deal...
1) Physical damage
2) Magical damage
3) Neither, I heal/buff only

3] I ____ having my stats reduced by wearing this armor.
1) Don't mind
2) Do mind

2.2 Armor | Recommended Codes:

Clothing | 111 / 311 / 112 / 312 / 321 / 311 / 322 / 331 / 332
Heavy Armor | 211 / 212 (caution: attack speed reduction) / 221 (caution: Mdamage reduction) / 231 / 222
Light Armor | 112 / 111 / 121 / 122 / 212 / 211 / 231 / 232 / 222
Dancers Outfits | 111 / 112 / 211 / 212
Robes | 221 / 222 / 211 / 212

2.3Armor Graphs!

Here you can visually see how each armor is rated for important statistics. 10 = best in that area, 5 = not effected, 1 = lowered. Lets just say, the higher the number, the better it is overall. The total points for each armor type are also listed beside each armor. Please note that exact numbers are estimations, heavy armor and light armor may be closer or farther than two points away for Pdefence for example.

Clothing (42)
Evasion ...... ||||||||||(10) 
Pdefense ..... |||||||(7)
Mdefense ..... |||||(5)
Attack Speed . ||||||||||(10)
Attack Power . |||||(5)
Mattack ...... |||||(5)

Heavy Armor (27)
Evasion ...... |||||(5) 
Pdefense ..... ||||||||||(10)
Mdefense ..... |||||(5)
Attack Speed . |(1)
Attack Power . |||||(5)
Mattack ...... |(1)

Light Armor (38)
Evasion ...... |||||(5) 
Pdefense ..... ||||||||(8)
Mdefense ..... |||||(5)
Attack Speed . |||||(5)
Attack Power . ||||||||||(10)
Mattack ...... |||||(5)

Dancer Outfits (44.5)
Pdefense ..... ||||||.(6.5)
Mdefense ..... ||||||||(8)
Attack Power . |||||(5)
Mattack ...... |||||(5)

Robes (36)
Evasion ...... |||||(5) 
Pdefense ..... ||||||(6)
Mdefense ..... ||||||||||(10)
Attack Speed . |||||(5)
Attack Power . |||||(5)
Mattack ...... |||||(5)
2.4Armor Combinations That Reduce Penalties / Super Enhance Stats:

Note that numbers are double for this example, so 20 is highest in the area, 5 is not effected, and 1 is reduced.

Caution: Many of these combinations below are useful to only a handful of people. Two equip slots will also be used if you want to attempt any of these.

Clothing/Dancer Outfits (Attack Speed Build - Gloves/Boots Dancers Outfits) (64)
Evasion ...... ||||||||||||||||||||(20) 
Pdefense ..... |||||||(7)
Mdefense ..... ||||||||(7)
Attack Speed . ||||||||||||||||||||(20)
Attack Power . |||||(5)
Mattack ...... |||||(5)

Clothing/Heavy Armor (Evasion Build - Gloves/Boots Clothing) (42)
Pdefense ..... |||||||||||||||||(17)
Mdefense ..... ||||||(5)
Attack Speed . |||(3)
Attack Power . |||||(5)
Mattack ...... ||(2)

Clothing/Heavy Armor (Attack Speed Build - Top/Bottom Clothing) (45)
Evasion ...... |||||(5)
Pdefense ..... |||||||||||||||||(17)
Mdefense ..... ||||||(5)
Attack Power . |||||(5)
Mattack ...... |||(3)

Robes/Dancer Outfits (Additonal Defence + Mdefence Build - Top/Bottom Dancer) (44)
Evasion ...... |||||(5) 
Pdefense ..... |||||||||(9)
Mdefense ..... ||||||||||||||||||||(20)
Attack Speed . |||||(5)
Attack Power . |||||(5)
Mattack ...... |||||(5)
2.5 Part 2 FAQ

Will there be a part 3 to this guide?
Possibly. Most likely.

Why is Dancer Outfits so high rated?
Dancer Outfits have the highest overall rating since they increase just about everything (besides physical damage). It is also tied with Thief for Evasion and Attack Speed, meaning Dancer Outfits are ideal for some Thieves that need an additional Attack Speed boost for a PvP or solo build.

Why is Heavy Armor rated so low?
Heavy Armor is rated low because it increases pretty much only defence, but lowers Attack Speed and Magic Attack. These badly hurt its overall scores, and are not recommended for magic casters.

Isn't Hp increased by Headgears? Why isn't this included?
This isn't included because it is often overlooked, and often set aside. This may be added in later however.

My search just returned an armor set I can wear by default >.> . What do I do?
If the guide recommended an armor set you can wear by default, then it is likely the best armor for your needs.

Where is the special thanks section for this part of the guide?
The special thanks section is the same for all of the guides. You can find the Special Thanks section in the post above, or at 1.7 .

Are there Beta Testers for only part 2?
No, beta testers are selected to test all parts of the CGP(FC/SC).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.0 Crescendolls' Guide to Picking a First Class / Sub Class - Picking a Pet! (Version 2.0)

This is part three of the CGP Guides, the first part being CGP(FC/SC) (Crescendolls Guide to Picking a First Class / Sub Class), Part 2 being Picking an Armor Equip. I recommend checking those out before this one if you are a new player. Veteran players may find those guides useful as well for picking new sub jobs and armors! Unless you're a pro or something. Or understand Japanese. If you know Japanese you can just go to the JDoMO forums and learn everything >.> .

3.1 How to use This Guide:

Begin by reading question 1. Pick the answer that best fits you, and locate the number to the left of that answer. Write this number down. Move on to question two, and place the answer number next to the answer number for question 1. Repeat until you have answered all the questions. Now press Ctrl F and enter your code. Your search should find at least one result, possibly more. After locating the pet that has been recommended to you, enter the code next to it. This code will link you to useful information about the pet.

1] I want a pet to:
1) Train with (solo)
2) Train with (pet party/casual party)
3) Farm with

3] I want to spend
1) Less than 100k, but more than 21k
2) Less than 20k
3) More than 101k

3] I am a:
1) Physical Damage Class (blademasters, thieves, hunters, merchants, mercenaries, witch doctors, commoner)
2) Magical Damage Class (wizards, shamans, fencers)
3) Buffer/Healer Class (doctors, musicians)

3.2 Pets | Recommended Codes

Jade (JAD01) | 111 / 121 / 211 / 221 / 321 / 122 / 123 / 222 / 223
Lily (LLY01)| 131 / 132 / 133 / 231 / 232 / 233 / 332 / 333
Metal (MTL01) | 121 / 223 / 222 / 221
Rock (RCK01) | 121 / 122 / 221 / 222 / 123 / 223 / 321 / 322
Ruby (RBY01) | 112 / 113 / 111 (caution: decent MP recommended) / 211 / 212 / 213 / 312 / 313
Sapphire (SPH01) | 111 / 112 / 113 / 211 / 212 / 213 / 311 (caution: decent MP recommended) / 312 / 313

3.3 Brief Pet Descriptions:

These descriptions are to give you an idea of each pets strengths and weaknesses. The numbers awarded in each area may not be highly accurate. The scale goes from 1 (low) to 5 (excellent). Some pets have statistics unique to that class, such as how Lily has buffs, and Ruby and Sapphire Eggs have high magic defence. These stats help towards the total.

JAD01: Jade Eggs are often not highly rated, though for a pet often sold for less than 15k, they are well worth the money.

MP Usage: .... |||| (4)
Damage Output: ||| (3)
Dodge/Defence: ||| (3)
Total: 10
LLY01: Love Eggs are one of the most common pets, since just about everyone but myself and a few other people want one. These are the only pets so far that can buff the owner.

MP Usage: ...... | (1)
Damage Output: . | (1) (Despite having the second highest Magic Attack, Lily pets only have one skill.
Dodge/Defence: . || (2)
Other(buffs): .. ||||| (5)
Other(Mdefence): |||| (4)
Total: 14
MTL01: Metal Eggs offer great stats for the price. With the highest defence of all the pets, these are able to take incredible amounts of damage for casters who want to have a personal tanker, or a pet that can easily survive suprise attacks during an AoE party.

Damage Output: || (2)
Dodge/Defence: ||||| (5)
Total: 11
RCK01: Rock Eggs are the physical damage stars. Being the cheapest pet, yet still having great stats makes this a popular choice for beginners.

Damage Output: |||| (4)
Dodge/Defence: || (2)
Total: 10
RBY01: Ruby Eggs are likely the most popular, since they deal incredible amounts of damage. However, their defence isn't so hot. Their MP usage is also the worst out of all the pets, so be sure you're ready to spam your pet skills.

MP Usage: ...... | (1)
Damage Output: . ||||| (5)
Dodge/Defence: . | (1)
Other(Mdefence): ||||| (5)
Total: 12
SPH01: Sapphire Eggs are the most balanced of all the classes. Being 2nd or 3rd in every area, these are great for any situation, for beginners, and veterans alike.

MP Usage: ...... ||| (3)
Damage Output: . |||| (4)
Dodge/Defence: . |||| (4)
Other(Mdefence): ||| (3)
Total: 14
3.4 Part 3 FAQ

Why are Sapphire Eggs rated highest?
Sapphire Eggs are rated highest because they have the best overall stats. They are 2nd or 3rd in every stat, meaning they aren't the best in anything, but they are far from worse at anything.

I have a duck, why isn't it on this list?
... Ducks are not real pets, just for show.

When can pets evolve?
Pets can evolve at level 10, 40, and 60. Each advancement needs the correct evolution stone.

When can I mount my pet?
Currently pet mounts are not released, though you can mount pets if you have a level 61 pet, and a saddle. You cannot mount Jade, or Lily Pets.

Why are Rock Eggs so cheap? Same with Jade, and Metal?
Overall these pets are not that popular with higher level people, who often get things for show. These pets are excellent for beginners, though, there are better options usually, depending on the situation.

Which is better, Ruby or Sapphire?
Both pets have their positive and negative aspects, but overall, the Sapphire is more useful in more situations, and have better overall statistics.

4.0 Crescendolls' Guide to Picking a First Class / Sub Class - Picking a Stat Build! (Version Beta 1.0)

4.1 How to use This Guide

This guide is divided into two parts, one is the advanced version(4.2), for those who want unique or custom molded builds, and the simplified version(4.3), for those who would rather pick a cookie cut, simple build.

Simplified Version Explanation:
This guide is different from the others. Scroll down for your class(or major sub), and then pick which sub category best fits you (solo or party). Some categories have another category within them, such as skill vs solo AoE. These stat builds are mainl cookie cut, so don't expect anything very ground breaking from them. For more advanced stat builds, use the Advanced Version (4.3)

Advanced Version Explanation:
Begin by answering question 1, and write down the number to the left of your answer, and move on to question 2. Write down the number for question 2 next to the answer for question 1. Once you have answered all the questions, press Ctrl F and enter your string of numbers. Your search should return a result if it is plausible.
Note: The advanced version does not accept extraordinary builds, so don't enter 3 for everything.

4.3 Simplified Version (Please scroll up to the Advanced Version if you are not new or want more unique stat builds)

Blademaster/Swordsman (BM01)

Solo:
Skill Based:
  • 24/28 dex, 2 pow 1 agi (Well rounded build, good for those who use skills every now and then)
    32/36 dex, 2 pow 1 agi (For those who need the extra Dexterity boost)
    28 dex, 1 pow 2 agi (For skill spammers who only use skills to deal damage)
Attack Based:
  • 20/24 dex, 3 pow (Last Out/hack and slashers who rely on mainly physical damage)
    24/28 dex, 3 pow (For those who seem to be missing quite often)
Party:
  • 24/28 dex, 2 agi 1 pow (For those that end up pulling in parties)
    24/28 dex, 1 pow 2 agi (For those who sub Thief or Hunter AoEs)
Commoner/Citizen (COM01)

Solo:
  • 24/28 dex, 3 wis (For those who sub Shaman, Wizard, Fencer)
    24/28 dex, 2 wis 1 agi (For those who sub Shaman, Wizard, Fencer, but spam skills often)
    24/28 dex, 3 pow (For those who sub Thief, Hunter, Merchant, Blademaster)
Party:
  • 24 dex, 3 wis (For those who sub Shaman, Wizard, Fencer AoEs, or are Musicians or Doctors)
    0 dex, 2 wis 1 agi (For those who sub Musician or Doctor, or Dancer AoEs)
    24 dex, 2 wis 1 pow (For those who sub Dancer AoEs and want a little extra damage)
    24 dex, 2 agi 1 pow (For those who sub Thief, Hunter, or Blademaster AoEs)
    24/28 dex, 3 agi (For those who will be pulling)
Dancer (DNC01)

Solo:
Solo AoE: (Inner magic is a must!)
  • 28 dex, 2 pow 1 agi (Damage > Defence)
    28 dex, 1 pow 2 agi (Damage < Defence)
    28 dex, 3 agi (For those who need want to survive best)
    28 dex, 3 pow (Those who never disconnect or experience major lags, good armor also helps)
Skill Based:
  • 28 dex, 2 pow 1 agi (For those who want to use branch 1 skills)
    28 dex, 3 pow (For those who want to dominate using branch 1 skills)
    28 dex, 2 wis 1 agi (For those who want to use branch 2 skills)
    28 dex, 3 wis (For those who want to dominate using branch 2 skills)
Party:
  • 28 dex, 2 pow 1 agi (Damage > Defence)
    28 dex, 1 pow 2 agi (Damage < Defence)
    28 dex, 3 pow (For those who want to deal unsurpassed damage)
Doctor (DOC01)

Solo:
  • 24/28 dex, 2 agi 1 wis (For those who don't rely as heavily on subs, or have good MP regneration)
    24/28 dex, 2 wis 1 agi (For those who rely heavily on subs, or have overall weak MP regeneration)
Party:
  • 24/28 dex, 3 wis (For those who use subs to deal damage in addition to healing)
    0 dex, 2 wis 1 agi (For those who will be full time Doctors)
    0 dex, 1.5wis 1.5agi (For those subbing Musician, this gives ideal cooldown time while keeping your MP up. Inner Magic may be needed still)
Fencer (FNC01)

Solo:
Attack Based:
  • 28 dex, 3 pow (Attack Speed based build, focuses on Tier 1 Elemental Attacks and basic damage hits)
    28 dex, 2 pow 1 agi (Attack Speed/Skill based build, focuses on Tier 1 Elemental Attacks, and sub skills. MP regeneration will be an issue)
    36/40 dex, 3 pow (Attack Speed based build, focuses on Tier 1 Elemental Attacks and Critical hits (somewhat experimental))
Skill Based:
  • 28 dex, 3 wis (Skill based build, focuses on Tier 1 Elemental Attacks for damaged, good for subbing Wizard or Shaman)
    28 dex, 2 wis 1 agi (Skill based build, focuses on Tier 1 Elemental Attacks for damage, and having increased cooldown and defensive capabilities. Good for subbing Musician. MP may be an issue)
Party:
  • 24/28 dex, 3 wis (AoE based build, MP regeneration will be an issue at higher levels with multiple AoEs, good for subbing Shaman or Wizard)
    24/28 dex, 2 wis 1 agi (AoE base build that has enhanced cooldown for more AoEs per minute, MP will be a big issue, good for subbing Musician)
Hunter (HNT01)

Solo:
Attack Based:
  • 28 dex, 2 pow 1 agi (Attack Speed based build, focuses on quick skills, Aim, and basic attacks)
    28 dex, 3 pow (Attack Speed build for those who use pets or don't take as much damage)
Skill Based:
  • *coming soon*
Party:
Puller:
  • 20/24 dex, 3 agi (The new standard in lame, the puller)
    28 dex, 3 agi (Sneak in an AoE or two while nobody is looking)
AoEr:
  • *coming soon*
Martial Artist (MA01)

Solo:
  • 20/24/28 dex, 2 phy 1 agi (For those who want great HP and defence capabilities, but weak damage)
    20/24/28 dex, 2 pow 1 agi (For those who want to have great damage, but weak defence capabilities)
Party:
Tanker:
  • 0/24 dex, 2 phy 1 agi (HP > Defence, Mercenary subs needed)
    0/24 dex, 2 dura 1 agi (Defence > HP, Mercenary subs needed)
Puller:
  • 0/24 dex, 2 agi 1 pow (Congrats, you're a puller)
Mercenary (MER01)

Solo:
  • 28 dex, 3 pow (The slice and dicer, lacks in Defence)
    28 dex, 3 dur (The solo Tank, lacks Attack)
    28 dex, 1.5 pow 1.5 dur (The jack of two trades, attack and defence)
Party:
  • 20/24 dex, 3 dur (Common tanking build, though armor decays quite fast)
    20/24 dex, 30-40 agi, 3 dur (Common tanking build, lowers armor decay rate and believed to be more effective at tanking)
Merchant (MHT01)

Solo:
Skill Based:
  • 28 dex, 3 pow (Walk, talk, and act like a Blademaster, kind of)
    28 dex, 2 pow 1 agi (Walk talk, act, but cast faster than your average Blademaster)
    28 dex, 1 pow 2 agi (For those who want to use excessive amounts of money, but cast skills much faster
    28 dex, 1 wis 2 agi (Pet Merchant build, uses Merchant pet skills and Musician pet skills, damage will be quite horrible and MP will be an issue, even with 1 wisdom)
    28 dex, 2 wis 1 agi (Variation of Pet Merchant build above. This build will lighten up your MP load quite a bit)
Attack Based:
  • 24/28 dex, 3 pow (Attack Speed based build, focuses on using Aim or Lash Out and other buffs to deal strong normal attacks)
    24/28 dex, 1 pow 1 agi 1 wis (Variation of the Pet Merchant build that includes using attack speed to deal more damage, while also using a pet to deal damage. MP will be an issue)
Party:
Tanker:
  • 0/24 dex, 2 phy 1 agi (HP > Defence, Mercenary subs needed)
    0/24 dex, 2 dura 1 agi (Defence > HP, Mercenary subs needed)
Puller:
  • 0/24 dex, 2 agi 1 pow (Congrats, you're a puller)
Musician (MS01)

Solo:
  • 24/28 dex, 2 wis 1 agi (Sonic Swipe and let your pet do the rest)
    24/28 dex, 2 agi 1 wis (Sonic Swipe even faster and let your pet do the rest, MP may be a problem)
Party:
  • 0 dex, 3 wis (I'll just stand here and press 4 buttons all day long (Buffer party Musician))
    0 dex, 2 wis 1 agi (Party Musician able to cast other skills, such as Transfusion Tune, more often)
    20 dex, 3 wis or 2 wis 1 agi (Party Musician that has sub attacks or likes to use Supersonic Swipe)
Shaman (SHM01)

Solo:
  • 24/28 dex, 3 wis (For those who don't have good MP regeneration, or want high damage)
    24/28 dex, 2 wis 1 agi (For those who have good MP regeneration and want to yield more attacks)
    24/28 dex, 1 wis 2 agi (For those who have good MP regeneration and want to yield much more attacks and have good evasive capabilities)
Party:
  • 24/28 dex, 3 wis (For those who want to high damage and don't have MP regeneration, still a solo build. Recommended if subbing 2 or more AoE classes)
    24/28 dex, 2 wis 1 agi (For those who have good MP regeneration and want to yield more AoEs in a shorter amount of time. Not recommended if subbing another AoE branch)
Thief (THF01)

Solo:
Skill Based:
  • 36/40 dex, 103 agi, 3 pow (For those who use Stealthy Stab or Veilled Volley to deal damage and want to land more hits than misses)
    28/32 dex, 103 agi, 3 pow (For those who use Light Hammer Throw and other attacks to deal damage)
Attack Based:
  • 24/28 dex, 2 pow 1 agi (Aim or Lash Out a must, Dancer Outfit Gloves and Boots will help as well. Uses basic attacks to deal damage, with some agility for evasion and cooldown)
    24/28 dex, 103 agi, 3 pow (Aim or Lash Out a must, Dancer Outfit Gloves and Boots help as well. Uses basic attacks and quick skills to deal damage, with max agility for exceptional cooldown and evasion)
    36/40 dex, 3 pow (Attack Speed based build, focuses on quick attacks and Critical hits (somewhat experimental))
Party:
  • 28 dex, 103 agi, 3 pow (Congrats you're a puller)
    24/28 dex, 103 agi, 3 pow (If you manage to fit in as an AoEr, this build, like just about every other build under Thief, is great for damage and cooldown)
Wizard (WIZ01)

Solo:
  • 24/28 dex, 3 wis (For those who don't have good MP regeneration, or want high damage)
    24/28 dex, 2 wis 1 agi (For those who have good MP regeneration and want to yield more attacks)
    24/28 dex, 1 wis 2 agi (For those who have good MP regeneration and want to yield much more attacks and have good evasive capabilities)
Party:
  • 24/28 dex, 3 wis (For those who want to high damage and don't have MP regeneration, still a solo build. Recommended if subbing 2 or more AoE classes)
    24/28 dex, 2 wis 1 agi (For those who have good MP regeneration and want to yield more AoEs in a shorter amount of time. Not recommended if subbing another AoE branch)