Client help

Talk about anything related to DoMO, this forum, or anything in general here. Relevant Announcements will also be posted here.
Godspaladin0

Client help

Post by Godspaladin0 »

Leirosa, don't know how often you check here but here goes...

A friend is having a problem getting their client (TW) to work on Windows 7. They've tried everything but whenever they start it with the patcher and without, the game client does not even load. Any ideas? Compatibility and administrative access has been used so that's not the reason.
Leirosa
Site Admin

Re: Client help

Post by Leirosa »

Hi,

I would recommend against installing the game in the default location on a Windows 7 machine because Windows UAC can interfere with the game (and it dumps most of the files the game saves into the 'virtual store') if it's installed anywhere within Program Files or Program Files x86.

I would suggest putting the game in a location outside of there, such as C:\Games\IC Domo or something like that. If it has already been already installed, you can just move it to there and it should work. This solved an issue for some people where they could not start up the game without the patcher.

If even that doesn't work, you can send your friend your working installation. Domo does not have to be installed in the registry to function, so you can copy it to other computers and it will still run fine. I knew one person that had a strange problem that they only solved when their friend sent them their client.
Godspaladin0

Post by Godspaladin0 »

We've tried that (using a different install location and using a different client as I refuse to play domo again) but nothing has worked. Domo.exe will not start at all.
Leirosa
Site Admin

Post by Leirosa »

Unfortunately I don't really have any other ideas. :(

If you know a good site to upload large files that's not a big hassle to use/download from, I can try to upload my up to date client up there, but if you don't think that will help I don't really have another idea. One of my major regrets was forgetting to back up that technical help thread from Aeria.
Godspaladin0

Post by Godspaladin0 »

I think Mediafire might work, or Dropbox. If you can, please and thanks.