Buying Joycards from CN-USA

This forum contains some additional guides, mostly relevant to IC Domo. You may find the lucky bag info thread and Joycard purchase guide here, among others.
Leirosa
Site Admin

Buying Joycards from CN-USA

Post by Leirosa »

With the recent unexplained disappearance of the Paypal option on the Softstar eshop, it would seem to have become impossible to purchase points without being in Taiwan. However, until Paypal purchases of cards/points become available again on the Softstar website, there are still alternative methods to purchase Joycards from third-party sources. The prices may be a little higher, but if you are badly in need of points, it may be better than nothing. This guide details some information on the process of purchasing Joycards from CN-USA.com, as far as I am aware. I will update the guide as I learn more about how things work.

Disclaimer:
- I take no liability for any problems you may have using CN-USA to purchase joycards. You use this guide and their site at your own risk.
- My own knowledge and experience using this site is limited, and the vast majority of it what I know is on here. You may use CN-USA's online customer support service if you have problems. Their customer support seems to be fairly fast.
- Although this guide may be very tldr; at times, I recommend reading the whole thing.

Thread Quick Navigation

1. Introduction - This Post
2. Guide to Ordering Points Through CN-USA
3. A Treatise on Instant Buying Limit
4. Topping up a Joycard into your Softstar Account / Allocating Points to DOMO
5. Allocating Points to DOMO

Introduction

CN-USA is a site which has a number of services, mostly involving providing a method for people to purchase point cards for various mmos from other countries, most notably China, Taiwan, Japan and Korea. This includes Softstar's Joycards. This site has been around for years and checks out as safe and legit, used by many people to buy points on asian mmos (you can do a google search and you will find guides for buying points in numerous other games using it). However, you should still use caution in using this site, for it is not always easy or clear to use, and I can't guarantee you won't have any problems. I am not experienced in using it and so my information is limited, but I have tried to figure out the basics before writing this guide. I will put warnings in my guide where I think caution is advised.

This site is available in both English and Chinese. What you need to know to use the site, is generally in English. Item descriptions and the like might only be in Chinese. If you get a page that is all in Chinese, you can look at the top right of the page for this:
Clicking on English will change that page to English. This only happened to me on one page, but it may happen to you as well so I have left this information here. If it says '中文版' there, then the page is already as English as it will get (and you can click that to switch to Chinese if you wanted to for some reason).

Registering

Registering on the site is optional, as it will automatically register you with your Paypal account's email when you make your first purchase, even if you were using an account with another address to do the purchase. I had a few issues with registering manually (the activation link in the email didn't work), so it may be easier to just let it make an account when you do a purchase.

If your account was setup automatically though a purchase, you can check your email to view the instructions for setting up the password and security question (basically you just use the forgot password function on the login page). Set a security question answer that cannot be easily guessed but that you will remember.

Notes on Purchasing

- You may purchase points from this site with or without an account. When you do your first purchase, an account will be created for you using your paypal email as the account email.

- You may choose from 200 point cards, or 380 point cards from the Joycard Purchasing Page . They don't sell larger denominations of Joycards, however you can set quantity when purchasing.

- Regarding the prices, they are higher than you would pay from Softstar itself as this is a third party site, and they probably have to make money somehow. It has two prices: a sale price, and a member price.

- The 'Member Price' is the price it charges you if you are paying using your CN-USA Balance (you can add balance directly to your acct, which is supposed to give you a better deal and make transactions faster). Paypal is not available for adding funds to your account- only Google Wallet and Chinese Alipay - so I don't have much information on account balance.

- You may use Google, Paypal, or Member Balance to pay for your cards.

- Although you may switch currency, I would recommend leaving it as USD, as prices seem higher in other currencies (Paypal has a better exchange rate).

- If you are using Paypal, make sure your Paypal account is Verfified.

- This site uses a special system for your 'instant buying limit'. This is the limit through which you may make instant purchases without a wait. When you first register, this limit is always zero. So you will have to wait for your purchases to be approved manually by the staff unless you have a limit. There is more information available about this system further down in this thread.
Leirosa
Site Admin

Re: Buying Joycards from CN-USA

Post by Leirosa »

Guide to Ordering Points through CN-USA

This guide assumes you are using Paypal, it may be slightly different if you are using Google.

1. Make sure you are using a Verified Paypal account. You may also register a CN-USA account before buying, but if you use Paypal to buy it will setup an acct automatically for you with your Paypal email as the acct email when you make a purchase.

2. To purchase a Joycard, first you need to go to the Joycard page. Choose from 200 point cards, or 380 point cards, as in this image:

3. Click on 'Order instantly' to begin the order process. You will be able to set quantity and other options on the ensuing pages. The price you will be paying is the 'sale price'. You can ignore the member price unless you have an account balance with CN-USA.

3. Selecting Order Instantly will bring you to this page:

4. Select the quantity you want and the payment method you will use (Paypal). Leave the currency as USD regardless.

5. Click on 'Instant Buy', unless you are using CN-USA account balance, in which you would click on 'Members Buy Here'.

6. After clicking on this, another window will pop up:

7. Shortly after, your payment method will load up in the original window, and you may complete payment through there (I don't think I need to provide a guide on how to use Paypal).

8. After completing payment, you may see a page like this:

9. If you see this, do not panic. It just means that you need to wait for your transaction to be processed manually before it will complete. You may see this page even if you still have instant buying limit available, in which case you can just ignore it because it should still transact instantly.

10. I am not sure whether verification is neccessary, but you definitely do not need to go through ALL of the steps listed. I have not completed all of them and my transactions still go through after a wait. Don't give out your identity card or cc info, even if the site is secure. More details on this in the next post down.

Verification Page (Initial Stage):

11. When the order is successfully processed (this may take a little while if you don't have sufficient instant buying limit, just wait for it), your order information and codes will be mailed to the email of your Paypal account. if you left the pop-up window open, it will update with the information and codes when the order has been processed. You may also view the order status on the Your Orders page.

Delivery Notice (in Pop-up window):
Leirosa
Site Admin

Post by Leirosa »

A Treatise on Instant Buying Limit

Your instant buying limit will always be 0 when you first make an account. You may still make purchases with an instant buying limit of 0, it's just that the transactions will not be instant and you may have to wait a little while before they complete. The non-instant transactions I did while writing this guide took about an hour to complete (but they can be faster or slower).

In order to increase the instant buying limit, you may complete some of the verification steps,but YOU DO NOT HAVE TO COMPLETE ALL OF THESE STEPS. And really, I recommend you don't. Unless you are planning to spend a lot, the phone verification is probably enough. For my first purchase, I didn't even do phone verification (just the location and verified paypal) and it still went through, after a wait. Once you have done a verification method, it is saved and you don't have to do it again next time (except for share location).

Instant Buying Limit increases may require a wait of 24-48 hours to take effect. Your instant buying limit also takes at least 24 hours to reset (it might be longer). However, once you have done some verification steps, it seems to speed up the transaction process even if your limit is used up.

Share Location: I am not sure this adds any buying limit at all, however it is one method of verification.
Phone Verification: It calls you (instantly) and reads off a sequence of 4 numbers to you. I think it repeats it over and over until you hang up. This is an automated system; it's not a real caller talking to you.
School Email Verification: This sends a message to your school or business email address for verification. This can't be a free email address, only a real school or business email. I haven't tried this option.
Verified Paypal: I am not sure this adds any buying limit at all, but you should definitely have a verified paypal.
Contact Us: This is supposed to further increase your buying limit, probably if you are a heavy user you might use this option.

If you do the phone or email verification, it opens up two other advanced options for further limit increase, but I would strongly recommend against the use of these advanced verification methods.

tldr; Summary:
Even if your buying limit is zero, you can still buy and wait for the manual transaction. I would suggest doing phone verification to get a buying limit and speed up transactions. If you don't want to do these steps and are willing to wait for manual processing, then you can just wait. The order should still go through either way if your paypal is verified, it just won't be INSTANT.
Leirosa
Site Admin

Post by Leirosa »

Topping up a Joycard into your Softstar Account

1. After logging into your Softstar account, go to the open card page in the members section.

2. Click on the green button below Joycard 前往開卡 (Proceed to Open Card).

3. Enter the Card Number and the Code into the provided boxes, then press the green button 確認 to continue.

4. Confirm the top up on the next page. Press the green button 確認 again to confirm.

5. A message will popup telling you the point addition was successful. Afterwards, it will show you the transaction results.

6. At this time, you may click on the cyan button 再次開卡 to top up another card, or click on the green button 配點至遊戲存摺 to allocate the points to a game account.
Leirosa
Site Admin

Post by Leirosa »

Allocating Points to DOMO

1. After first topping up points into your Softstar account as above, go to the Game Point Allocation page.

2. Select the game to allocate from the dropdown box, 飛天歷險FREE.

3. Enter the amount of points you wish to transfer to that game account in the input box below, then press the green button 確認.

4. The next page will display the transaction info and have you confirm. It also warns you that once you allocate points to a game, you cannot transfer points back out of that game unless it shuts down. Press the green button 確認 to confirm.

5. A message box will pop up telling you the transaction succeeded.

6. A page will display the results of your transaction. At this point the point allocation is complete and you can use them for game purchases. You can click on the cyan button to allocate more points if you wish. The green button will take you to the Domo main site.
Yumichuu

Post by Yumichuu »

Thank you so much, this was so helpful.

My experience with them:

My first order was approved with only a location.

My second order was for more, and they did call - however, I think they only did because I would flag up as possible fraud. My location at the time was in the UK (staying for the summer with my bf and his family) with a billing address elsewhere. The fellow was pleasant, and the call did not take long. They just want to verify that you are who you claim to be.
MoshuChann

Re: If looking for Video Ex.:Buying Joycards from CN-USA

Post by MoshuChann »

If you guys need a better look at buying joy-points off the third party website from her tutorial you can check out this video <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1-_22L ... ZA&index=2
Choji7

Post by Choji7 »

Awesome guide! Thanks a lot :D