Compilation of Aeria Posts by Leirosa

This forum contains miscellaneous informative posts, many of which are backups of threads posted in the 'Discussion and Questions' forum on TWDomo.com.
Leirosa
Site Admin

Compilation of Aeria Posts by Leirosa

Post by Leirosa »

Modding Notes

Some notes and clarifications:

Glossary (to prevent confusion with the terms I use)
Upgrade = Performed using the upgrade button. There are three levels of upgrade: Uncommon(Green), Rare(Blue), Legendary(Pink). Upgrade insurance scrolls are used in addition to the appropriate weapon or armor upgrade scroll.
Mod Stat = one of the three coloured stats that are moddable up to 20. You get one random mod stat at 1/20 per upgrade.
Modding = Performed using the mod button. Mod Insurance scrolls are used in addition to the appropriate equipment mod scroll.

- Upgraded weapons stay the same level after upgrade, Armor goes up 10 levels and changes appearance to the armor of that level (the exception is HLA Armor, which stays the same level but still gains a new appearance). 60 Armor doesn't become HLA but becomes a different level 68-70 armor which has roughly the same stats as unupgraded HLA but higher level requirements and a different appearance. The base stats on upgraded 60 armor are inferior to upgraded HLA armor, despite the higher level reqs.

- Only the first upgrade will change the appearance or level of an armor. Most normal weapons (eg, not true weapons etc) seem to lose their 'upgrade shiny glaze effect' when upgraded, which can be nice on weapons that have terrible upgrade shine effects.

- You can mod any colour mod stat at any upgrade level. Normally I never modded anything until I upgraded it to Legendary. I don't recommend starting to mod at uncommon (although you could) because you don't know what your rare and legendary mod stats will be like until you have upgraded to those levels.

- You don't need gold stats to do any upgrade, ever. Upgrading will remove these so also remember to transfer the stats off first.

- You can mod any mod stat you have in any order, at any time. Modding one will not lock you out of another. Equipment bonus stat also has no relation to mod colour. You can still mod the green mod stat, or any other mod stat you have, at legendary or rare, regardless of whether you have previously modded the blue or purple mod stats.

- Equipment upgraded using this system always starts with blue stat after being upgraded- but this has no relation to the upgrade level. This just makes it easy to gold it with transfer charms when you are finished upgrading.

- Also, only Upgrades (of which there are just the 3) remove gold stats, slots or downgrades. Modding (which normally you do AFTER upgrading to legendary, but could start earlier if you wanted) does not remove any of these things, no matter what mod stat you are modding or how high it is out of 20. I have modded already golded and slotted legendary gear far more times than I can count (plus one rare gear). Using gold transfer charms to mod is wasting your money. Only use them to save gold stats from gear you are UPGRADING.

- 1-11 on equipment modding has a high success rate, it doesn't fail often. After this the mats change and it also starts to fail around half the time or more. The mats also change again on high level gear at 16/20 (level 50 armor mats stay the same from 11-20). The success rate also didn't change at 19/20 on a level 50 piece I max upgraded, it was the same rate as 11-19.

- A fail on equipment modding will NOT drop down a level on a fail like costumes can, so the best mod scrolls to use are the Mod II scrolls. Using Mod III scrolls will reduce your success rate compared to Mod II scrolls and using Mod IV scrolls is probably just being wasteful.

- With certain mod stats from 11/20 onward (patk/matk/pdef/mdef), instead of continuing to add % per mod it starts to give you a flat number. So at 11/20 you might have 10% matk and 10 matk. The 10% will never get higher, but the flat number will increase with each successful mod. HP/MP do this the opposite way, they start off adding a flat number then later add a % instead. Other mod stats stay as a % or flat number (whichever they started with) the whole way to 20.

- No server wide system message for 20/20ing a mod stat on equipment.
Leirosa
Site Admin

Re: Compilation of Aeria Posts by Leirosa

Post by Leirosa »

Pose Emote Glove Hands Fix

I had this problem around two years ago and fixed it by switching to 'low' or 'normal' model qual settings in the patcher (NOT ingame). 'Good' was actually worse than either of them, for some odd reason.

Doing that also fixed a few other minor visual glitches I had at the time, like fsylph moving with certain types of rear skirts w/out a weapon (eg traditional dress, lv25/30 la), making bust sizes visible instead of all the same size, and also fixing a weird mirroring glitch I had. Though the downside was that doing this gave me the fsylph sleeve length glitch based on bust size instead..

Some of these glitches have probably been fixed by now (I know the mirroring glitch was) but I thought I'd mention them anyways incase some of them still coexist with the pose hand glitch.

Here's some old pics as examples.

Surrounded by Glove-Hands:

Fixed:
Leirosa
Site Admin

Post by Leirosa »

Sylph Stuff

http://domo.lotusgoddess.ca/dump/fsylphfaces.png
http://domo.lotusgoddess.ca/dump/msylphfaces.png

A random tangent in another thread led me to make this list of Armor sets (and one costume) with Sylph Sleeves. Rather than continue that off topic tangent there I posted it here.

Female Sylph Sleeves:
Beginner Clothing (1)
HA: 10, 15, 25, 35, 45, 50, 60, HLA, Upg 60, Upg HLA (10)
LA: 10, 15, 30, 35, 40, 45, HLA (7)
Clothing: 10, 20, 35, 40, Upg 60 (5)
Robes: 10, 15, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, HLA (10)
Dancewear: 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 45, 50, 60, HLA, Upg 60, Upg HLA (11)
Costumes: Fantasy Wedding (1)
Total: 45

Male Sylph Sleeves:
Beginner Clothing (1)
HA: 10, 15, 25, 35, 45, 50, 60, HLA, Upg HLA (9)
LA: 15, 30, 35, HLA (4)
Clothing: 10, 20, 35, 40, Upg 60 (5)
Robes: 10, 15, 30, 35, 45, HLA (6)
Dancewear: 10, 20, 25, 30, 50, 60, Upg 60 (7)
Total: 32
Leirosa
Site Admin

Post by Leirosa »

Sapphire Server Stats

I made the same lists from my Sapphire logs, though I'm not sure how to combine the GMs all into one person so I went with a longer list. It's also not 100% accurate, but the stats detailed below should be AT LEAST as high as listed here, most likely higher. I went over the logs with a regex beforehand to wipe out all duplicate entries created from dual logging chars, so the stats should not be exaggerated.

Stats span from July 17/2008 - November 15/2010, and the log timestamps are in GMT -8 (PST).

Sapphire PAS Usage

Sapphire Madame Malachite Completions

Sapphire Garnet Godwin Completions

Sapphire Raid MVP Overall

Sapphire Hourly Raid MVP

Sapphire Raid MVP by Raid

Sapphire Raid MVP Over 6 Month Periods

Crossed off names are Onyx players that got into my logs when I was taking screenshots there.

It's important to note that, as noted above, the numbers here are likely off somewhat as I never log in immediately after maintenance, and there are times when I have been dced overnight. Only logs provided by a GM can ever be truly comprehensive, but you can get the gist of it pretty well from these.
Leirosa
Site Admin

Post by Leirosa »

I tested the mining spot in Sneaky Peak last night, and it's every bit as fail as Babel Meditation and DDen everything.

Using two tools, with no aids (Shufei doesn't have equip abacus), the spot gave me both rough gemstone and cassiterite, in the amounts visible in this screenshot:

Leirosa
Site Admin

Post by Leirosa »

On Alchemy

If you want the most alch xp per alch attempt, then always make the highest level armor helmets/chests/pants you can, until you get one higher. They give more xp than weapons or consumables or armor gloves/shoes, and you can get all the helmet recipes you need from jars at no cost. Obviously you're not going to be spamming lv45 and 50 armor or higher, so you'll be making a LOT of lv40 armor with this method. It helps if you can farm the secondary mats you need. I used this method to raise my (lv60) alt to 30 alchemy for hla reqs.

If you want to actually use the stuff you make, then consumables are good. Although they don't give as much xp, if you use them a lot you'll naturally have to make more when you need them and get the xp that comes with it (this is probably where most of my alch xp came from, as I use and have used tons of consumables ever since I started).

If you want to use minimal different types of mats, then try weapons.

Either way you'll need to have a collection mule running to realistically level alchemy at a decent rate, unless you're one of those rich people who spams tons of fairies even on low level mats.

Sorry I didn't use the chart, but I felt this explained it better (from my experiences anyways).
Leirosa
Site Admin

Post by Leirosa »

Domo MP3

http://windheart.myweb.hinet.net/sign/fmv_teach.htm

This site has a guide on extracting the mp3s from the sfb files. It worked on the chinese pay to play version of the game when I used it last year, so it should work on this version too. Follow the pictures and most importantly make sure you have 'MP3 Mode' (in the BETA menu) checked, or the tool will do nothing.

The files don't seem to have individual names but do have id3 tags (in chinese). Most of the music is in music.sfb.

Personally, I liked the old ChangYang City music so much more than the music the free to play version uses. Sad

----------

Somerandomguy wrote:
Nice and convenient, I like being able to listen to the tracks if I want to.

That being said, some errors I found:

02-Eversun city day sounds like a remix of eversun's nighttime bgm
04-Darkdale day and 11-Darkdale city night is the eversun north/south daytime bgm
12-Eversun city north_south day and 13-Eversun city north_south night.....not a clue, but it's not eversun north/south bgm
15-maze below the well....dunno what that is, sounds like a remix of something
16-Giantwood forest day is the well/inn basement bgm
19-Grassgreen square day is Grassgreen's nighttime bgm
30-Neptune's Temple is the arena bgm
37-Blakatoa day and 38-Blakatoa night.....no idea what they are, but it's not Blakatoa's bgm
40-Foggy Forest is Giantwood's daytime bgm
41-Blakatoa peak is Blakatoa's bgm
55-Pandora's box day and 56-Pandora's box night is Grassgreen's daytime bgm
62-Legend is Neptune's bgm
72-Rites is Pandora's box bgm
75-Xuanyuan Jian 4 - battle against black fire dragon is Foggy's bgm

003 - 00 - Eversun south_north day is Eversun City's daytime bgm

The reason for the most of these errors is that they changed some of the BGM between P2P and F2P, but didn't update the id3 tags. I'll see what I can remember from this list from the time I spent playing the P2P version.

- 02 Eversun City Day really was the Eversun City daytime music. The one you hear now is a new replacement.
- 04 and 11 were not used as music in either day or night in Eversun North or South.
- 12/13 were the Eversun North/South Night Music
- 16 was used For Giantwood but I'm not sure whether it was Day or Night.
- 19 was also used for Eversun North Daytime
- 30 was really used for Neptune's Temple. I think this was one of the worst changes they made IMO.
- As for 41, this music is still used in Blakatoa Peak.
- 55/56 was actually used as the Eversun South daytime music at the time I played P2P.

As for the 37, 38 and 40, I can't comment one way or the other as I had never been to Foggy and only spent very limited time in Blakatoa. I don't remember what music was used in the well either.

---------
Leirosa
Site Admin

Post by Leirosa »

Vanity pets wallpapers

It's not just those vanity pets either, here's some others from another Softstar game:

Da Mi Dog Wallpaper
Fantasticat
Dorabimon

MSN icons
Leirosa
Site Admin

Post by Leirosa »

Brilliant Red leaves

I did this quest, and got these as my reward:

I had to kill Septic Snakes w/highest class as 41.

I also wanted to say thanks for the screenshots of the ???, they helped me a lot in doing the quest.

Edit: I took a screenshot of the effect. It makes leaves fall, just like the effect where the quest giver is standing, except it affects the entire map you are on. It might only work on outdoor maps, but I haven't tested.
Leirosa
Site Admin

Post by Leirosa »

List of In-Depth Differences between P2P DOMO and F2P DOMO

This is a list of the observations I've made of the differences between the Taiwan P2P Domo vs. the Aeria F2P Domo, that I didn't see mentioned in the OP. I haven't played other versions of F2P Domo so I can't speak for whether they retained any of these things in them. A lot of this is from memory, and so it is far from complete, but I have included example screenshots in cases where I have one that illustrates it.

It's not formatted the same as the OP list, but maybe it will have some useful information that could be converted over and put into better detail.

System Differences

- There was no Tutorial Zone, and no dialogue with King Colette. Players spawned straight into the world at Level 1. Thus the low level mobs outside the city gates were actually needed for leveling (and to do the old starter quests to get equipment).

- Fame was a much more important stat, as it was required in order to equip weapons. If you used a weapon you had insufficient fame to use, it would drop to the floor when you died. It was also easier to get fame (through turn-ins to the wholesaler).

- All materials had a quality, and every one took up a single inventory space. Player material stalls in town were dominated by sellers of excellent and good quality materials as these were the best to craft/upgrade weapons and armor with and almost guaranteed a good or excellent quality result if you did the operation with high luck. Likewise, poor quality materials gave poor quality results.

- All life skills leveled up in the same way as Alchemy

- Destined Relatives/Lovers did not have the red line, only the heart beat sound.

- Weapon and armor (usually low quality) dropped from regular mobs as uncommon drops. Bosses had higher quality ones.

- It was possible to use WASD + mouse movement at the same time. This was changed in the last P2P patch (the one that introduced guild siege, I think).

Audio/Visual

- Different music in Eversun City Daytime (file #3 in music.sfb, marked 02 in the id3 tag)

- Different music in Eversun South and North (you can hear both of them in Grassgreen Square in F2P, South in daytime and North at night). The Grassgreen Square music may also have changed but I don't remember what it was.

- Different music in Neptune Temple.. if my memory can be trusted (file #31 in music.sfb, marked 30 in the id3 tag)

- Many headgears did not replace hair like they do now (the hair clipped through them).

Interface Differences

- Player stats box + Party interface

- Equipment Window - less equipment slots

- Guild interface

- Job Change

- Subskill Selection Window

- Different Server selection screens

- Mini Pet Window used text instead of icons for the pet commands

Skills and Stats

- Different Races had different starting stats for each class (but the difference was very small).

- Counter skills existed. i.e. Martial Artist had three of them, Thief had one (pilfer counter), Shaman had one (magic resist), and there may have also been others.

- The amount of sp needed for a skill were different, depending on the skill. It was not equal across all classes, either. Generally they were more expensive (there were a lot less skills anyways).

- I also have this chart, but I have doubts about its accuracy.

Old Version Alchemy Skills

Warning: These images are very large. I don't know who created them, but I have had them for a long time.

Clothing
Dancewear
Heavy Armor
Light Armor
Robes
Consumables
Weapons

World Differences

- Eversun Elder was located upstairs from where he is currently located.

- Far fewer quests and different starter quests (i.e. eversun guide gave you a multiple choice quiz on game functions instead of 4 quests)

- A Wholesaler existed, located behind the desk in Jobseekers, who you traded certain numbers of mob drops to (which drops was based on your level) for gold and fame.

- There were Pearly Tadpoles in Swan Lake Basin

- Leech Lich was located within the Mortuary instead of outside it, and was lower level.

- The mob spawns in Eversun North and South were different (but not completely). Generally there is a tendency towards more of the higher level mobs and less of the lower levels in F2P.

- Lizards in Copperhorn had skills that leeched mp. There may have been other mobs that also had such skills. They hurt. :(

- Many items which now restore only HP, restored MP instead. Wobbly Jelly is a good example of this.

- Armor set Pieces and Portal Pennies could be obtained through collection. Armor pieces were very rare (and usually low quality), but you usually got at least one penny from a night of afk collection (which one it was depended on where you were doing collection).

- The teleporter was cheaper. e.g. The Eversun teleporter charged 300g to go to Darkdale and 400g to go to Collington.

- There was an NPC in Eversun who sold, at limited supply, Dreamstones, Portal Pennies and I think Fireworks, near the paper clothing seller. It was typically always sold out.

Errata

- I think flying required Level 35 and not 25, but I could be wrong (my highest class on there was 32 and didn't have flying). I recall that you also had to do a multiple choice test to get the flying qualification.