Triysle's Upgrade Books FAQ

Backups of original guides from DoMO forums of the past. The majority of these were backed up from posts on TWDomo.com before its domain expired (most of which were originally retrieved from Aeria by Angitia and Aaron). Extremely old.
Leirosa
Site Admin

Triysle's Upgrade Books FAQ

Post by Leirosa »

Taken from here. Retrieved by Angitia.
Author: Triysle
Triysle wrote:Alright, with the introduction of the new Upgrade Books, I've been getting lots of questions about how they work and what they do. Well here you go: an in-depth explanation on how to use these nifty little items, with additional questions and answers!

===============================================

First of all, what is an Upgrade Book?

- An Upgrade Book is an item that you can use to increase the bonus stats of your weapon! Sometimes when you find a weapon made with alchemy, you'll notice a green or blue bonus stat beside the normal white stat. These items let you increase these numbers even more!

NOTE - The weapon doesn't have to have a stat already; you can use a green book to upgrade a completely normal store-bought weapon!

- There are Green, Blue, and Orange Upgrade books. There are Weapon Upgrade Books that increase physical attack, and Magic Upgrade Books that increase magical attack.

Well, how do I use them?

- Each book requires that you are upgrading a weapon with the right color stat. If you try to use a Blue upgrade book on a weapon with a green stat, it will not work (you will get to keep the book, though).

- To start, double click the book that you wish to use. The inventory box will be centered on the screen, and a smaller box will appear on the left side of the inventory. Double click the weapon that you want to upgrade, and click confirm. Another message will pop up with a warning that the item might fail. Confirm again, and if it succeeds, your weapon will have an additional bonus!

So what happens to my weapon?

- Each book has a different success rate, and different results that can happen -

Green Weapon/Magic Upgrade Books - High success rate, +1 to physical/magical GREEN stat if success, weapon is unaffected if it fails.

Blue Weapon/Magic Upgrade Books - Moderate success rate, +1 to physical/magical BLUE stat if success weapon is unaffected if it fails.

Orange Weapon Upgrade Book - Relative Success rate; the higher the bonus, the harder it is to succeed. +3 to physical ORANGE stat if success, -3 to physical ORANGE stat if it fails.

Orange Magic Upgrade Book - Relative Success rate; the higher the bonus, the harder it is to succeed. +2 to magical ORANGE stat if success, -2 to magical ORANGE stat if it fails.

So what happens after Orange?

- If you can upgrade your weapon high enough, you can max it out with GOLD stats! It takes a little patience, since the success rate is lower the higher the bonus gets; but with enough books, you can achieve this goal!

Wow, GOLD stats?! What do those do?

- In addition to the insane bonus stat (which is usually at least +50, even higher for stronger weapons) you get a special "Strengthen" skill that helps you deal even more damage! Plus, you get a nifty animation depending on which stat you max out!

Physical GOLD stat - Red Embers

Magical GOLD stat - Blue Bubbles

Double GOLD stat - Golden Sparks

Wait...DOUBLE gold stats? What does that mean?

- You can get gold stats for both physical AND magical stats, even if the weapon doesn't have one or the other! Simply use a GREEN Weapon/Magic Upgrade book on the weapon, and if it succeeds the bonus will be applied as 0+1!

- In addition, a single +1 stat on a weapon that didn't have a physical or magical stat to begin with will be ORANGE! Skip the blue books completely!

This is crazy! How many books does it take to get gold stats?!

- It really depends on your luck and the weapon you are trying to upgrade. During my testing, I tried different levels, different weapons, and different luck ratios. It seems that the higher your Fighting chance is, the better success rate you have.

- On average, I'd say anywhere from 15-50 green books, 1-5 blue books, and 10-30 Orange books will get you a gold stat. It seems like a lot, but realize that the upper numbers are for higher leveled equipment and lower success rates!

Will increasing the level of my weapon erase the super stats?

- YES! I just tested this last night and found out that leveling a weapon, even if it had gold stats, will completely erase all bonuses and put new ones (green stats, usually) on. Make sure you're on a fully leveled weapon before attempting to upgrade the bonuses!

Can I have some free Upgrade Books?

- Nope. There will be plenty of Promotions and Events in the future to help you get your hands on them. For now, buy them from the chests, or other players!

===============================================

Feel free to ask any more questions in this thread, and I'll do my best to answer them!

Hope this was helpful! Get out there and start buying those chests!

~ Tee