HLA Weapon Alchemy Notes

Backups of original guides from DoMO forums of the past. The majority of these were backed up from posts on TWDomo.com before its domain expired (most of which were originally retrieved from Aeria by Angitia and Aaron). Extremely old.
Leirosa
Site Admin

HLA Weapon Alchemy Notes

Post by Leirosa »

Original Source

A Lv60 Weapon Scroll [Type I] needs the following materials, which are the same for every type of weapon:
10 Abrasive Agent, 10 Adhesive Agent, 3 Steel Blade, 1 Alloy Blade, 9 Gemstone, 9 Cedar Wood, 50 Demonic Fang
  • Abrasive Agents can only be created by Weapon Alchemists, through a normal, unlimited usage, alchemy recipe they get from the qualification. To make an Abrasive Agent, you need 1 Abrasive Fluid and 1 Soft Clay and a Weapon Alchemist to do the alchemy itself. These can only be obtained by purchasing them from the npc Mai Marshall, located in Bigbeam City (X:106 Y:198) . In total to make 10 Abrasive Agents, you will need 10 Abrasive Fluid and 10 Soft Clay, costing a total of 20k gold.

Adhesive Agents can only be created by Tool Alchemists, through a normal, unlimited usage, alchemy recipe they get from the qualification. To make an Adhesive Agent, you need 1 Adhesive Fluid and 1 Soft Clay and a Tool Alchemist to do the alchemy itself. These can only be obtained by purchasing them from the npc Mai Marshall, located in Bigbeam City (X:106 Y:198) . In total to make 10 Adhesive Agents, you will need 10 Adhesive Fluid and 10 Soft Clay, costing a total of 20k gold.

Steel Blades can only be created by Weapon Alchemists through a normal, unlimited usage, alchemy recipe they get from the qualification. To make a Steel Blade, you need 10 Steel Ore and 10 Soft Clay. The Soft Clay can be obtained by purchasing them from the npc Mai Marshall, located in Bigbeam City (X:106 Y:198) , but the Steel Ore is more complicated to obtain. To obtain Steel Ore, you must take lv50+ armor or weapons (with full durability) to Refining Master Liang Bailian, located in Bigbeam City (X:121 Y:208), and have him disassemble them one at a time. Disassembling gives you a random amount of one type of ore (based on the level of the equip, see the article on Liang Bailian for more details), so you may have to disassemble many pieces of equipment to get what you need, but Steel Ore is the common result from 50+ Gear Disassembling so it's not too hard. Weapons and Shields cost twice as much to disassemble as armor. The cost for the Steel Ore cannot be calculated as it depends both on luck and what you disassembled to get it. The total cost for the 30 Soft Clay is 30k gold.

Alloy Blades can only be created by Weapon Alchemists through a normal, unlimited usage, alchemy recipe. Some Weapon Alchemists may not have this recipe as it must be purchased with pearls, but I have it. To make a Alloy Blade, you need 10 Alloy Ore and 10 Soft Clay. The Soft Clay can be obtained by purchasing them from the npc Mai Marshall, located in Bigbeam City (X:106 Y:198) , but the Alloy Ore is more complicated to obtain. To obtain Alloy Ore, you must take lv50+ armor or weapons (with full durability) to Refining Master Liang Bailian, and have him disassemble them one at a time. Disassembling gives you a random amount of one type of ore (based on the level of the equip, see the article on Liang Bailian for more details), so you may have to disassemble many pieces of equipment to get what you need. Alloy Ore is a more rare result from disassembling and is harder to get than Steel Ore. Weapons and Shields cost twice as much to disassemble as armor. The cost for the Alloy Ore cannot be calculated as it depends both on luck and what you disassembled to get it. The total cost for the 10 Soft Clay is 10k gold.

- Gemstones and Cedar Wood are Level 6 Mining and Forestry Materials, respectively. You cannot use Excellent Quality materials for Weapon Alchemy so you must use normal quality (stackable) materials. These can only effectively be obtained through the use of Forager/Little Forager Fairies. A Little Forager can hold 1 tool and a Forager can hold 5 tools. E.g. you buy a small fairy and give it a Lv6 mining pick, two hours and two minutes later it will send you a bag with 10 Gemstones. A normal Fairy with 5 tools will take 10 hours to finish.

- Demonic Fangs are obtained through mob drops from certain Lv60+ mobs or hla instances. Example mobs that drop Demonic Fangs are Bonefish in Bigbeam (regular only, not the mystics) and certain aom/placid tower mobs. I leveled my Thief and Blademaster on Bonefish sometime back and the rate of fang drops varied from around 8~17 per hour. Personally I farm mine off of Contaminated Sprites, but these are lv70 and have some very hard-hitting skills.

-Total Material Requirement for a Type I HLA Weapon: 60 Soft Clay, 10 Abrasive Fluid, 10 Adhesive Fluid, 30 Steel Ore, 10 Alloy Ore, 9 Gemstone, 9 Cedar Wood, 50 Demonic Fang. Cost of NPC Only Mats = 80k.
-----

A Lv60 Weapon Scroll [Type III] needs the following materials:
40 Abrasive Agent, 40 Adhesive Agent, 11 Steel Blade, 3 Alloy Blade, 1 Diamond Blade, 20 Cedar Wood, 20 Gemstone, 120 Demonic Fang, 1 Corresponding LV60 Weapon Scroll [Type I] Weapon
  • - Most of the Materials required for the Type III Scroll are the same, but in larger numbers; see above for more detailed explanations on how to obtain these same mats.

- Creating 40 Abrasive Agents requires 40 Abrasive Fluid and 40 Soft Clay, for a total of 80k material cost.
    - Creating 40 Adhesive Agents requires 40 Adhesive Fluid and 40 Soft Clay, for a total of 80k material cost.
    - Creating 11 Steel Blades requires 110 Steel Ore and 110 Soft Clay, with the Clay costing 110k.
    - Creating 3 Alloy Blades requires 30 Alloy Ore and 30 Soft Clay, with the Clay costing 30k.

- Diamond Blades can only be created by Weapon Alchemists through a normal, unlimited usage, alchemy recipe. Some Weapon Alchemists may not have this recipe as it must be purchased with pearls, but I have it.
    To make one of these, you need 10 Diamond Ore and 10 Soft Clay. To get the Diamond Ore, you have to Disassemble Lv53+ gear. To get it effectively (it's lower rate than other ores), you should disassemble Lv63 or 68 Coin Shields (created by a merchant). The rate is still quite low as you will also get Steel and Alloy Ores more commonly (you could probably get some or most of your other required ores while getting the diamond ore). It costs I think 15k per Lv68 coin shield to disassemble (not sure exactly, consult somebody more experienced with this). Diamond Ore is also sometimes dropped in certain Lair chests. The total cost for the Soft Clay is 10k gold.

- The 20 Gemstones and Cedar Wood should be self explanatory at this point, just use 2 small fairies for each mat (or one big one, which will have space for a fifth tool as well).

- 120 Fangs, see above for where to obtain these.

- 1 Corresponding LV60 Weapon Scroll [Type I] Weapon = This means you need the Type I HLA Weapon you created with the Type I scroll. If you are not a weapon alchemist, it will need to still be tradeable so you can pass it to the Weapon Alchemist to create it.
-Material Requirement for a Type III HLA Weapon: 230 Soft Clay, 40 Abrasive Fluid, 40 Adhesive Fluid, 110 Steel Ore, 30 Alloy Ore, 10 Diamond Ore, 20 Gemstone, 20 Cedar Wood, 120 Demonic Fang, 1 Corresponding LV60 Weapon Scroll [Type I] Weapon

-----

Total Combined Material requirement for both Type I and Type III:

50 Abrasive Agent, 50 Adhesive Agent, 14 Steel Blade, 4 Alloy Blade, 1 Diamond Blade, 29 Gemstone, 29 Cedar Wood, 170 Demonic Fang, 1 Corresponding LV60 Weapon Scroll [Type I] Weapon

And the total materials needed to create all the alchable components:

290 Soft Clay, 50 Abrasive Fluid, 50 Adhesive Fluid, 140 Steel Ore, 40 Alloy Ore, 10 Diamond Ore, with a 390k gold cost for the Fluids and Soft Clay (all @1k each from Mai Marshall) and an indeterminate cost for the ores.