Angitia's Guide to Making a Mule on IC DoMO

Backups of original guides from DoMO forums of the past. The majority of these were backed up from posts on TWDomo.com before its domain expired (most of which were originally retrieved from Aeria by Angitia and Aaron). Extremely old.
Leirosa
Site Admin

Angitia's Guide to Making a Mule on IC DoMO

Post by Leirosa »

Original Author: Angitia
Retrieved from TWDomo Forums by Leirosa.
Angitia wrote:I've gotten a few questions as to how to make mules/second DoMO accounts, as well as some confusion about the difference between Softstar and DoMO accounts so I'm going to detail that here. For your reference, though, AKFrost's Guide on How to Download/Play TW DOMO is really helpful and I'll be referring to it multiple times in this guide.

First, the difference between Softstar and DoMO accounts. This is purely explanatory so you can skip down to the Making Mule part if you wish.
Softstar and AGE work differently - in AGE, you'll recall that your AGE account was your DOMO account, was your EE or GF or whatever AGE game account, etc. Thus if you wanted to make multiple DoMO accounts (mules that could log on at the same time as your main), you had to make multiple AGE accounts using multiple e-mail addresses. This was impractical for a number of reasons, mainly that you had people posting on mule accounts in forums and because you had to make more e-mail addresses if you wanted many mules; it generally caused the mule-making process to be much more complex than it needed to be simply because you had to register for yahoo, gmail, hotmail, etc. along with AGE.

Softstar is different - when you make your Softstar account, you are essentially allowing yourself to play any Softstar game, provided that you make a game account for that game within your Softstar account. Each Softstar account can make as many Game Accounts as you want - for example, I currently have ONE Softstar account, but at least FIVE DoMO accounts and, consequently, the capacity to make 20 characters on DoMO (DoMO accounts can host up to 4 characters iirc - have yet to test this, but this is easily confirmed). Thus, I have five different log-in Usernames and Passwords for DoMO, but when I log into the Softstar website, I use only one.

The downside to this system is, if you get banned on your Softstar account, you lose all your DoMO accounts with it - if you make your DoMO accounts on different Softstar accounts, this will not be a problem (but it is more work).

That being said, How Do I Make a Mule?

First, click here. If you are not logged into the Softstar site, you'll need to fill in your Softstar username (or e-mail you used to make the account), password, and the CAPCHA/verification code in the three boxes respectively. Click the green button when you've filled that in. You will be taken to the DoMO Free account creation site upon successful login. If you're already logged into the site, that url will take you straight to the creation site.

After you're at the DoMO account creation site, fill in your preferred DoMO Username (your Login ID, not character name), password, and confirm/repeat your password in the three boxes respectively. Check the two checkboxes at the bottom, then click the Green Button again.

At this point, you can just close out of the window; your account has been made. You can also click the green button on the screen confirming your account, but I found that unnecessary. Also, please note that Login and Password are BOTH case sensitive - be careful when logging into DoMO.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you who prefer to follow AK Frost's Guide (see, told you I'd reference it /o/), you want to follow his Member Center steps (Note, this is NOT the beginning of the guide - skip the Registration steps as they make a new Softstar account and it's an unnecessary hassle, unless you're worried about being banned on one account and losing all your mules in the process). The Member Center steps (three of them) are very simple and Frost's screenshots are pretty self explanatory. Note that you will have to log in to Softstar's website, first. So before going to his Member Center steps, click on his link to the member center and log in. After logging in, you'll be taken to the member center and then you can follow his screenshot steps.

For those of you wanting to read before diving in, here's a quick runthrough:

Step 1: Scroll Down and mouse over the DoMO icon - it's a picture of a human male with red hair on a blue background. Of the four options that drop down from it, click the one on the bottom right. Again, see Frost's guide for the screenshot if this is confusing.

Step 2: Enter your preferred DoMO Username (your Login ID, not character name), password, and confirm/repeat your password in the three boxes respectively. Check the two checkboxes at the bottom, then click the Green Button again.

Again, at this point, you can just close out of the window and your account will be made - you can also click the green button on the screen confirming your account, but I found that unnecessary.

Thanks to Acheron_Akai for providing the link/screenshot to the Creation screen @onion20@ I found it much less confusing with that~